Before Being Admitted to AIT
All applicants must submit a test score for admissions unless they are native English speakers or graduates of university degree programs conducted in an English-speaking country.
The AIT English requirement for all degree and certificate programs is an academic writing score of at least 6.0 (or its equivalent) on either the AIT English Entry Test or an approved international test such as IELTS. AIT reserves the right to test any applicant upon arrival to validate proficiency or test scores.
If you do not score 6.0 on the AIT EET or an official test, you may be admitted conditionally and you will be required to attend a pre-degree intensive English program, to attend English courses during the first and subsequent semesters, or both. Acceptable means of demonstrating proficiency are the following:
The tests approved for admission and the minimum scores accepted are:
- AIT EET - 6.0
- CEFR (Europe) - B2
- CET (China) - 560
- IELTS - 6
- iTOEFL - 76 (paper-based - 550/computer-based -210)
- TOEIC - 750
The minimum requirements for entry to a master's degree or certificate program is a score of 4.5 on the AIT EET for Academic Writing; for the Certification of Advanced Studies (CAS) program, a score of 5.0 is required, and a score 5.5 is required to enter the undergraduate and doctoral programs.
Online Testing Details
AIT LC conducts Internet based Testing and Computer based Testing for new AIT applicants in different countries. Below is the list of the contacts in some places where applicants could go and take a test:
- In Vietnam: Contact AITCV http://www.aitcv.ac.vn/fo/contact.php
- In Myanmar: Contact Mr. Aung (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In Afghanistan: Contact Mr. Abdul Habib (email@example.com) in Kandahar
- In Indonesia:
- CRIAS Language Centre, Martaoinata 30, Bogor 16114, 0251-331048, 334456 Ext. 50, Fax. 0251-336425
- BALAI BAHASA, Department Pendidikan Nasional Universitas Negeri Padang, Kampus UNP Air Tawar Padang 25131, Tel. 0751-7054921
- Universitas Sumatera Utara
- Englsih Centre, Yayasan Pendidikan Dan Penelitian Jalan Wastukencana 105 Bandung 40116, Tel. 022-4265421
- JET School of English
- International Language Center, ILC ETS Authorized Toefl IBT Center, MM-UNAIR BUILDING , 2nd Floor.Jl. Airlangga No. 4- 6 Surabaya, Tel. 031 5013917
- British Council Course, Perpustakaan Pendidikan Nasional, Departemen Pendidikan Nasional Gedung A Lantai 1, Jl. Jend. Sudirman – Senayan Jakarta (next to Ratu Plaza), Tel: 021 5707870, Fax: 021 5731228
- Petroleum Training Center , Republic of Yemen Ministry of OIL and Minerals
- ITS Langauage Centre, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, International Office, Rectorat Building 2nd floor, ITS Campus Keputih Sukolilo, Surabaya, 60111, Tel. 031-5990322, 5994251-55, Fax. 031-5990322
For other countries send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your Full Name, Address, Application ID, School and Filed of Study applied at AIT.
The test is of 60 minutes and consists of two tasks. The first is a description of data (75-100 words), and the second is an essay (250 - 350 words). These two tasks are scored on a nine point scale. (The criteria for scoring are similar to those for the IELTS academic writing test.)
|Fee (1st Test)||800 BAHT (1ST TEST)|
|Fee (Re-Test)||200 BAHT (RE-TEST)|
|Pay to Account Name:||ASIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY|
|Bank Name:||SIAM COMMERCIAL BANK PCL.|
|Bank Branch:||AIT SUB-BRANCH|
|Message to Beneficiary:||Language Center/EET|
Please email your proof of payment and your passport to the AIT Language Center before taking a test.
The test result will be ready in 1 to 2 days after you take a test.
The LC will report your test result to the AIT Admission only if your score is satisfactory to admission.
There is no limit on the number of times you can take the test. However, we recommend you each time study before taking the test again.