- Ph. D. in Science (Geography), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India, 1987.Title of the Thesis: “Regional Disparity in Orissa: A Geographical Analysis”.
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Town and Regional Planning, Technical University of SZCZECIN, Poland, January to June 1983.
- MRP. (Master of Regional Planning), Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, 1979. Title of the Thesis: “Development Planning of a Backward District (Case Study of Boudh-Khandamals District, Orissa)”.
- M. Sc. Geography, 1st class with 1st Rank, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar,India, 1976. Specialization: Town and Country Planning.
- B. Sc. (Hons.) Geography, First Class Honours & Distinction with 2nd rank, Utkal University, Bubaneswar, India, 1974.