Applying to graduate study at AIT is a simple process. Application for admission takes only four steps.
Requirements & Procedures
Doctoral Degree Program: To be eligible for admission to the regular Doctoral degree program, an applicant must:
- have strong academic records (both undergraduate and graduate) and normally hold a four-year bachelor’s degree, and a Master’s degree, preferably with a combination of course and thesis work, from an institution of good standing, acceptable to AIT. The minimum GPA requirement for admission to the doctoral program is 3.50 or equivalent at the master’s degree level
- submit a brief outline of dissertation research proposal including the required research facilities, if necessary
- receive a written confirmation that a faculty member at AIT is available and willing to supervise
Master’s Degree Program:To be eligible for admission to the regular master’s program, an applicant must:
- hold a Bachelor degree (normally from a four-year program), or its equivalent, in an appropriate field of study from an institution of good standing acceptable to AIT.
- have undergraduate grades significantly above average; the minimum GPA requirement for admission to the master’s program is 2.75 or equivalent at the Bachelor degree level.
- be in satisfactory physical and mental health, and have a record of good conduct.
Application Processing Fee
US$20 or Baht 800 (if submitting online application / forms downloaded from the web / reapplication); OR
US$25 or Baht 1,000 (if application forms are received by post from AIT)
The application fee may be paid by bank draft, valid credit card or cash and should be made payable to the “Asian Institute of Technology”.Please fill in the Application Processing Fee Payment Notification Form to prove payment.
Payment by credit card should be done by showing the payer’s full name, credit card name and number, and card’s expiry date.